Summer is fast approaching and that means it’s time to plan your beach getaway. Whether you are looking for a weekend away with your man or a night out with the ladies we recommend visiting our home state of Maine. To help you get ready we’ve compiled a list of our favorite activities, restaurants and beaches. Trust us, you don’t want to miss this!
1. Peaks Island: You can't come to Maine without visiting one of our many Islands. We recommend taking a ferry from Portland to Peaks for the day or weekend. If you venture to Peaks Island on a Sunday you don't want to miss Reggae Fest. Follow the locals to Jone's Landing and get ready to dance the afternoon away.
2. Cellardoor: Maine is home to many wineries and breweries. One of our favorites is Cellardoor in Lincolnville. They offer wine tastings, cooking classes and many other events. The views, wine and service are always exceptional.
Ashley Lauren at Cellardoor
3. Old Port: Before you jump on that ferry to Peaks Island spend some time shopping in Portland’s Old Port. (While you’re in town visit Tavecchia by Blush, one of our Maine retailers.) Visit the Old Port in June for Old Port Fest -- a music, art and food festival. At night, join the locals at one of Portland's many restaurants for live music.
1. Eventide: You can't leave Maine without indulging in seafood. We are sending you to Eventide in Portland to grab some oysters on the half shell and a lobster roll. You can thank us later.
Photo cred: Eventide
2. Crooners & Cocktails: For late night fair we recommend heading to Crooners & Cocktails. The decor, music and menu will transport you back into the 1950’s. We love their Beer & Cheese Fondue and always pair it with a Manhattan. You can’t go wrong with any of their main course options. Don’t leave without trying their Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake! Yum.
The ASHLEYlauren Team at Crooners
3. Boone’s: For great food and a view we recommend Boone’s in Portland. Boone’s overlooks the water and the food is always top notch. This is the perfect place to stop after returning from Reggae Fest.
Photo cred: Boone’s Fish House
4. The Front Porch: With amazing food and music The Front Porch is a must when visiting Ogunquit. We recommend going in for a late dinner and then hanging out and enjoying the music.
Photo cred: The Front Porch
1. Old Orchard Beach: You haven’t successfully traveled to Maine without visiting Old Orchard Beach -- plus this is Ashley Lauren’s hometown so it’s worth a trip! While you’re there indulge in a lobster roll from Surf 6 Oceanfront!
3. Ogunquit Beach: This quintessential Maine beach is ranked as one of the Top Beaches in the United States by Trip Advisor and we would have to agree. It is the perfect place to spend the day reading... and is within walking distance to some great restaurants.
Posted under: Beauty